Software Engineer - Node.js
Engineering & IT / Software Engineering
Help build the next-generation of video and OTT platform at Broadsay.
Join the newest engineering team at Broadsay as we build out a new generation of products. As a core member of our team, you will work closely with the rest of the product, engineering, and operations organizations. Your strong systems and API design skills, operations experience, and ability to deliver projects with multiple stakeholders will contribute to a successful launch of this new product.
In this role, you will...
- Product APIs. You will design and build the APIs and services that run the backend of this new product and integrate it with the rest of the broadsay ecosystem. The APIs you write will power features like customizable hiring workflows, real-time candidate messaging, job search, and customer career sites. We use REST and node.js as our primary platform.
- Service infrastructure and operations. You will help define the patterns and ways in which Broadsay adopts microservices and a service-oriented architecture company-wide. You will help build out company-wide initiatives like live streaming services, request tracing, and improved observability
- Experience building APIs for other software engineers. We primarily use REST APIs, but welcome applications with strong general API design skills.
- Working knowledge of a database system.
- Experience running internet-facing, production systems. Operational knowledge of Linux, HTTP, and the ability to troubleshoot problems anywhere across the stack.
- At least 1+ years of professional experience building and shipping production code in a team setting with a deep-seated drive for writing high-quality code.
- BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- Experience with AWS, Docker and a container orchestration system is a plus.
- Built and shipped production node.js applications.
- A deep understanding of MongoDB and experience with any RDBMS.